Sanquin Consulting Services offers guidance and advice to low and medium income countries in the field of blood transfusion improvement projects.
Our mission statement
- To support restricted economy countries in developing safe, efficacious and sustainable blood supply systems based on current quality principles.
- To provide modular training programs on transfusion medicine for restricted economy countries focused on the managerial and quality aspects of the whole transfusion chain.
- To extend and strengthen the training and consultative potential within the Sanquin organization.
The main focus of Consulting Services is on:
- Blood supply structures: development of safe, effective and sustainable blood supply and transfusion structures at national and regional level.
- Quality management: development and implementation of 'vein to vein' Quality and Quality Management systems in transfusion medicine.
Collaboration with international partners
Since 2001 we have been involved in a variety of international blood transfusion improvement projects . Consulting Services has formal collaborations with international partners (like AABB, AfSBT, GFA, UTSN) and was awarded a Mandated Body status for EU Twinning projects.
Guidance and advice activities are provided according to WHO principles as developed by the Department of Blood Safety (BSD) of the Cluster of Essential Health Technologies (EHT) in Geneva.