GolimumabGolimumab (Simponi®) is a recombinant human IgG1κ monoclonal antibody produced by a murine hybridoma cell line.
Golimumab can reduce symptoms of inflammatory conditions by preventing the interaction of TNF-α with its receptors, thereby inhibiting the inflammatory response.
Mechanism of action
Golimumab binds with high affinity to both the soluble and transmembrane bioactive forms of human TNF-α, thereby preventing the binding of TNF-α to its receptors.
In Europe, golimumab is indicated for use in:
- active rheumatoid arthritis (in combination with methotrexate)
- active and progressive psoriatic arthritis, in adults who have not responded adequately to other treatments (alone or in combination with methotrexate)
- axial spondyloarthritis
- moderately to severely active ulcerative colitis
- polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis (in combination with methotrexate)
Consult CHMP for details.
What can Sanquin do for you?
We have tests that:
- can measure the levels of free drug in the serum; levels of therapeutic antibodies are assessed using validated ELISAs.
- can measure the immunogenicity of golimumab; human anti-human antibodies are quantified using validated antigen-binding tests (radioimmunoassay or RIA).
As we have hands-on experience in these assays, we can provide you with accurate and reproducible test results.
Send in samples
If you want to use our drug level or ADA testing services, fill out this form and send it to us along with 1 ml frozen serum sample per patient.