AdalimumabAdalimumab is a fully human monoclonal antibody that targets tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNFα).
Excess amounts of TNFα are associated with the development of immune diseases. Adalimumab disrupts the binding between TNFα and its receptors, and as a consequence the immune response is dampened. Thus, it can be used to treat various inflammatory and immune diseases. However, downstream mechanisms by which adalimumab exerts its clinical effects are unknown.
In Europe, adalimumab is indicated for the treatment of:
- rheumatoid arthritis and juvenile idiopathic arthritis (in combination with methotrexate)
- enthesitis-related arthritis
- axial spondyloarthritis
- psoriatic arthritis
- pediatric plaque psoriasis
- hidradenitis suppurativa (acne inversa)
- Crohn’s disease
- pediatric Crohn's disease
- ulcerative colitis
- non-infectious uveitis
- pediatric non-infectious uveitis.
Consult CHMP for details.
What can Sanquin do for you?
- Measure levels of free drug in the serum; levels of therapeutic antibodies are assessed using validated ELISAs.
- Measure the immunogenicity of adalimumab; human anti-human antibodies are quantified using validated antigen-binding tests (radioimmunoassay or RIA).
Contact us to order the level or ADA kit. To use our drug level and ADA testing services, fill out this form.