CertolizumabCertolizumab pegol (Cimzia®) is a recombinant, humanized antibody Fab' fragment against TNFα expressed in Escherichia coli and conjugated to polyethylene glycol (PEG)
Certolizumab binds with high affinity to human TNFα, thereby neutralizing this pro-inflammatory cytokine. This can relieve signs and symptoms in patients with inflammatory conditions.
Mechanism of action
Certolizumab has been demonstrated to neutralise membrane-associated and soluble human TNFα in a dose-dependent manner, which subsequently dampened the pro-inflammatory TNFα and IL1β production response in monocytes.
In Europe, certolizumab is indicated for treatment of:
- (with or without methotrexate) moderate to severe, active rheumatoid arthritis
- (in combination with methotrexate) severe, active and progressive rheumatoid arthritis that has not been previously treated with methotrexate or other disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs.
- axial spondyloarthritis
- (with or without methotrexate) psoriatic arthritis
Consult CHMP for details.
What can Sanquin do for you?
We have tests that:
- can measure the levels of free drug in the serum; levels of therapeutic antibodies are assessed using validated ELISAs.
- can measure the immunogenicity of certolizumab; human anti-human antibodies are quantified using validated antigen-binding tests (radioimmunoassay or RIA).
As we have hands-on experience in these assays, we can provide you with accurate and reproducible test results.
Send in samples
If you want to use our drug level or ADA testing services, fill out this form and send it to us along with 1 ml frozen serum sample per patient.