Sanquin offers several interesting and challenging internships for undergraduate students (University master students and HLO trainees). Download the project information below.
If the internship you are looking for is not there, please have a look at our research groups. If you find something you like, you can contact the researchers directly.
Open internship projects
The research group Blood-borne infections (Hans Zaaijer) does not have any oppotunities left for internships during this academic year (2018/19).
Hematopoiesis (Micha Nethe)
- Uncovering the role of E-cadherin in hematopoietic progenitors to improve anemia in hematopoietic malignancies
- Identification of novel genes underlying red blood cell development and bone marrow hyperplasia formation
Hematopoiesis (Emile van den Akker)
- DARC complex arrangements in maturing reticulocytes (Francesca Aglialoro)
- Unraveling the function of band 3 “tyrosine” phosphorylation during erythropoiesis and in erythrocytes
- The contribution of specific cell types to the expansion of erythroblasts from PBMC during the first days of culture
- CRISPR based manipulation of fetal hemoglobin expression in adult cells and generation of an immortal erythroblast cell line
Plasma Proteins and Research Facilities (Maartje van den Biggelaar)
Structure and function of antibodies (Theo Rispens)
- Characterization of IgG dimers/polymers in therapeutic immune globulin preparations
- Antibodies in movement: exchange of antigen binding sites (half-molecules) in IgG4
- The regulation of IgG4 antibody production